Because I now have to carry so much stuff to work, I am now in search of the perfect work bag. On any given day, I will definitely be carrying:
- Breast pump, breast pump parts, and associated paraphernalia including cooler bag for milk, +/- ice packs in said cooler bag, pumping bra, empty milk bags, battery bank to recharge my pump,etc
- Usual everyday carry stuff, like wallet, phone, keys, pens
- Work-related equipment, including at least two boxes of lenses, scrub hat, extra pair of socks, small notebook for recording notes of operating room cases, and small hard drive
- Water bottle or thermos
- Lunch box in its own cooler bag
- Ziplock style snack bag (I like these silicone ones from Stasher) with some apples inside
- Random small electronics, like USB drive, backup phone charger, etc. I might also be carrying the following:
- Surface Book 2 15″ laptop in its own case if extra cushion needed
- Extra set of clothes, because sometimes on days I’m in clinic and the operating room, I need separate sets of clothes and sometimes separate sets of shoes too.
That is a LOT of stuff.
A few years ago, before I became a mama, I got a Senreve Maestra bag in the large size, “sand” colorway from the hubby as a gift. This was before I had to carry breast pump and parts around, and also before I got a 15″ laptop (I used to have a 13″ Surface Pro then, which was much more compact). I used it for awhile but decided just now to let it go. I thought I would review what I liked about it and why it didn’t work out for me. There’s not a lot written out there about it that aren’t sponsored posts so I thought a personal and honest review might be useful.